Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lake Shrine

"Lake Shrine" what a place, located on 17190 Sunset Boulevard in Pacific Palisades, CA. I have been driving by some many times and each time I did promise my self that one day I will visit this place, and finally after 14 years in LA I did it today. And what a place!! Run by "Self-Realization Fellowship" since its opening in 1950 to the public by Paramahansa Yogananda. Beside the beautiful grounds my favorite place there is the Windmill Chapel where they daily have a meditation time. I think I will go back and try that my self. Another amazing place there behind the Golden Lotus Archway in the open is The Gandhi World Peace Memorial. Peace is what I needed today, just seating there and looking at the swans in the water or listening to the water made my day today. If you like me feel as you have to much on your "To Do" list every day you will forget your phone and your facebook updates. Try it I promise you, you will be amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment