Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Deconstruction of a Chair




Last week I had a pleasure to attend a CEU class at "Century Furniture"-www.CenturyFurniture.com showroom at LA Mart. I didn't know what to expect and I got a surprise.
The class was held by Alex Shuford - 3rd Generation Furniture Maker at Century Furniture. He started the presentation by talking about the company history and how his grandfather started it.
Then he talk about the difference between a lower price chair and a high end chair,
and he did had a chair that was beautiful (unfortunately my before photo did not work.
And as the tittle of this presentation say he did deconstruct the chair by slashing it to shreds and pieces with his sharp exacto knife.
You all should hear our loud reaction to that, LOL!.
I attach some photos and a YouTube videohttp://youtu.be/vEKLNGMnwZQ that will explain more about what "Century Furniture" stand for.
And if you ever have a chance to see his presentation take it.

1 comment: